Authentic Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
There’s something magical about the bustling streets of Mexico, where the air is infused with the irresistible aroma of street food. One standout delicacy that captures the heart of locals and tourists alike is the iconic Authentic Mexican Street Corn, or Elote. Imagine a perfectly charred ear of corn, slathered in a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds with every bite.
- 4 ears of fresh corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Gently pull back the corn husks, but leave them attached at the base.
- Remove the corn silk and then fold the husks back into place.
- Grill the corn for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kernels are tender and slightly charred.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the grilled corn with the creamy mixture, then sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese, chili powder, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve the elote with extra cheese and lime wedges on the side.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Charred grilled corn slathered with a creamy, tangy sauce and topped with cheese and chili powder.
Nutrition information: Calories: 180, Fat: 10g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 5g
There you have it – a piece of Mexico on your plate! With every bite of this Authentic Mexican Street Corn, you’ll be transported to the lively streets of Mexico City, indulging in the rich tapestry of flavors that this beloved street food offers. Whether you’re enjoying it at a summer barbecue or as a side dish to your weeknight dinner, elote is a fiesta of flavors that’s sure to delight your senses and leave you craving more.