Bake Like a Pro: Artisan Bread Made Simple
They say that the aroma of freshly baked bread has the power to transport you to a quaint French bakery on a cobblestone street. With our artisan bread recipe, that enchanting experience is now within your reach, right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Get ready to embark on a journey of flour, water, and yeast, and discover the magic of creating your very own crusty, golden-brown masterpieces.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- In a separate container, mix the instant yeast into the warm water until dissolved.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and slowly pour in the yeast water.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients until a shaggy dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 12-18 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) and place a covered Dutch oven inside to heat.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and shape it into a ball.
- Carefully place the dough into the preheated Dutch oven, cover, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the Dutch oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the bread is beautifully golden.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool slightly, and marvel at your homemade artisan bread.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 delicious loaf
Enjoy the satisfaction of bakery-quality bread with minimal ingredients and effort.
Nutrition information: Calories: 120 per slice, Fat: 0.5g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 3g
As you savor that first warm slice, reminiscing about the captivating process that turned humble ingredients into a work of culinary art, remember that the heart of baking lies in patience and passion. This artisan bread recipe is your canvas, allowing you to explore variations like adding herbs, seeds, or even a touch of honey. So, whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting your flour-dusted journey, let this recipe be your guide to creating bread that tastes as remarkable as it looks.