Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
When it comes to elevating the humble Brussels sprout to a whole new level of deliciousness, this Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts recipe takes the spotlight. With a harmonious blend of sweet and savory, it’s a dish that’s sure to convert even the staunchest Brussels sprout skeptics. The tender-crisp Brussels sprouts are coated in a luscious balsamic glaze that caramelizes beautifully in the oven, offering an irresistible contrast to the natural earthy flavors of the sprouts.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and crispy on the edges.
- In a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the glaze has thickened slightly.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the roasted Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley before serving.
Total time: 35 minutes
These Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts are the epitome of flavor balance, making for a perfect side dish that’s both sophisticated and comforting.
Nutrition information: Calories: 138 kcal, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 18g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 5g
Picture this: a forkful of tender Brussels sprouts, each bite offering a delightful crunch and a burst of savory satisfaction. The glaze, a harmonious marriage of balsamic vinegar and honey, coats each sprout like a glossy sheen, creating a perfect balance between tangy and sweet. As you take that first bite, the umami-rich Parmesan cheese dances on your palate, accentuating the nutty undertones of the sprouts. A sprinkle of fresh parsley adds a touch of vibrancy, inviting you to savor every mouthful.
But these Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts are not just about taste; they’re a visual delight too. The caramelized edges of the sprouts glisten under the light, showcasing the depth of flavor that awaits. And the aroma? It’s a tantalizing symphony of roasted garlic and balsamic reduction, wafting through the air and drawing everyone to the table.
Whether you’re planning a festive feast or a simple weeknight dinner, these Brussels sprouts are the embodiment of culinary artistry. They elevate any meal with their complex flavors and elegant presentation. So, the next time you’re seeking a side dish that’s as impressive as it is comforting, remember this Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts recipe. It’s not just food; it’s a masterpiece on a plate.