Caprese Stuffed Portobello: Elegant Vegetarian
Caprese Stuffed Portobello mushrooms are the epitome of an elegant vegetarian dish. This recipe combines the earthy richness of Portobello mushrooms with the freshness of Caprese salad, resulting in a harmonious blend of flavors and textures that will impress your guests. Whether you’re planning a special dinner party or simply looking for a satisfying meatless meal, this dish is a winner.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Clean the Portobello mushrooms and remove their stems.
- In a bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each Portobello mushroom cap with the tomato and mozzarella mixture.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Serve your Caprese Stuffed Portobello mushrooms hot, garnished with additional fresh basil if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Caprese Stuffed Portobello mushrooms are an elegant and satisfying vegetarian dish that combines the flavors of a classic Caprese salad with hearty Portobello mushrooms.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 210, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 14g
These Caprese Stuffed Portobello mushrooms are a delightful combination of flavors and textures. The juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and aromatic basil complement the meaty mushrooms perfectly. The balsamic glaze adds a touch of sweetness and acidity, tying everything together.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or simply looking to enjoy a meatless meal, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser. It’s also a great option for those following a low-carb or keto diet.
So, the next time you want to impress your guests with an elegant and delicious dish, give these Caprese Stuffed Portobello mushrooms a try. They’re a true showstopper!