Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tart
Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tart is a delightful dish that combines the sweetness of caramelized onions with the creamy richness of goat cheese, all nestled in a flaky, buttery pastry crust. This savory tart is perfect for brunch, lunch, or as an appetizer for your next dinner party.
- 1 sheet of store-bought puff pastry
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit a tart pan. Press it into the pan and trim any excess pastry.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the sliced onions and sugar, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and caramelized, about 20-25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the caramelized onions evenly over the pastry crust.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and fresh thyme leaves over the onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tart is a savory delight that’s easy to make and sure to impress. The sweetness of the caramelized onions pairs perfectly with the tangy goat cheese, all wrapped in flaky pastry.
Nutrition: Calories – 280, Fat – 18g, Carbohydrates – 24g, Protein – 6g
Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tart is a crowd-pleaser that will have your guests coming back for seconds. Whether you serve it as an appetizer, brunch, or a light dinner, its rich flavors and elegant presentation make it a standout dish. Give it a try and elevate your next meal with this delicious recipe.