Caramelized Onion Tart
Picture yourself in a cozy French countryside kitchen, where the air is filled with the irresistible aroma of slow-cooked caramelized onions. This Caramelized Onion Tart recipe is a tribute to comfort and elegance, effortlessly combining the sweetness of onions with the flakiness of a perfectly baked tart shell.
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 sheet of pre-made puff pastry
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the sliced onions and cook slowly until they caramelize to a rich golden-brown color, about 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle sugar over the onions during the last 5 minutes of cooking to enhance caramelization. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a baking pan and fold the edges to create a border.
- Sprinkle half of the grated Gruyere cheese over the pastry. Spread the caramelized onions evenly over the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and fresh thyme leaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let the tart cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Indulge in the delectable harmony of sweet caramelized onions and melted Gruyere cheese with this delightful Caramelized Onion Tart. Perfect for brunches, picnics, or as an appetizer for your dinner party.
Nutrition information: Calories per serving – 280, Fat – 18g, Carbohydrates – 24g, Protein – 6g
Picture yourself savoring each bite of this savory tart, a slice of the French countryside right in your home. The careful caramelization of onions, the buttery, flaky pastry, and the hint of thyme all come together to create a taste that’s both familiar and exquisite. Whether enjoyed warm or at room temperature, this Caramelized Onion Tart transports you to a world of rustic luxury with every mouthful.