Classic Margherita Pizza Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the classic Margherita pizza. Its simple yet elegant combination of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, and olive oil on a perfectly crispy crust is a timeless favorite. Let’s dive into how to make this delicious pizza at home.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C) and place a pizza stone inside to heat.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into your desired pizza shape.
- Transfer the dough to a pizza peel or an inverted baking sheet dusted with cornmeal.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border for the crust.
- Layer the fresh mozzarella slices on top of the sauce.
- Scatter the fresh basil leaves over the cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pizza and season with salt and pepper.
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- Remove the Margherita pizza from the oven, let it cool for a minute, then slice and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 delicious Margherita pizza
Enjoy the simplicity and flavors of this Classic Margherita Pizza. It’s perfect for a cozy night in or a gathering with friends.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 300 | Fat: 12g | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 13g | Fiber: 2g
Make this classic pizza recipe your own by adding a personal twist with your favorite toppings. Whether you’re a pizza purist or love experimenting with flavors, the Margherita pizza will always hold a special place in the world of pizza creations.