Cozy Dessert: Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Crisp
Picture yourself in the heart of autumn, a cool breeze carrying the scent of cinnamon and apples through the air. What could be more fitting than indulging in a warm and comforting dessert? This Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Crisp is the epitome of coziness, offering a delightful combination of tender cooked apples and a buttery, spiced crumble topping. Every bite is a hug for your taste buds.
- 6 cups sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat your slow cooker and grease it lightly.
- In a bowl, combine sliced apples and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- In a separate bowl, mix granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples and stir.
- In another bowl, prepare the crumble topping by mixing oats, flour, brown sugar, and softened butter until crumbly.
- Spread the crumble mixture evenly over the apples in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the apples are tender.
- Serve the apple cinnamon crisp warm, preferably with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 hours
Yields: 6 servings
A deliciously cozy dessert made with slow-cooked cinnamon-spiced apples and a buttery crumble topping.
Nutrition information: Calories: 280, Total Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 42g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 28g, Protein: 2g
Imagine curling up on the couch with a bowl of this aromatic apple cinnamon crisp. The soft, melt-in-your-mouth apples are perfectly complemented by the crunchy, sweet crumble. It’s a dessert that wraps you in its warmth, making every spoonful a reminder of the comforts of the season. Whether enjoyed alone or shared with loved ones, this slow cooker apple cinnamon crisp is sure to create lasting memories of autumn’s embrace.