Crisp Apple Crumble: Fall Dessert Bliss
Ah, the sweet aroma of autumn fills the air as the leaves turn into a golden medley of colors. What better way to celebrate the season than with a warm and indulgent dessert that encapsulates the essence of fall? Our Crisp Apple Crumble is a symphony of flavors and textures that will transport you to cozy evenings by the fireplace.
- 4 cups of tart Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- In a separate bowl, mix granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples and toss to combine.
- Transfer the apple mixture to the greased baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt. Add in the cold diced butter. Using your fingers, work the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the apples in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
A delightful blend of tart apples, warm spices, and a buttery crumb topping, this Crisp Apple Crumble is the quintessential fall dessert.
Nutrition information: Calories: 280, Total Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 95mg, Total Carbohydrates: 43g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 29g, Protein: 2g
As the sun sets earlier and a chill settles in the air, our Crisp Apple Crumble offers a comforting embrace, reminiscent of harvest gatherings and togetherness. Share this dessert with loved ones and savor the simple joys of the season.