Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Who can resist a plate of perfectly crispy baked sweet potato fries? This recipe takes the humble sweet potato to new heights, transforming it into a delightful snack or side dish that’s both satisfying and nutritious.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Toss the sweet potato matchsticks in cold water and let them soak for 30 minutes. This helps to remove excess starch.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Place them in a large bowl and add cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes and toss to combine. Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Toss again to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring they are not overcrowded.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the fries are golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Prep time: 40 minutes (including soaking time)
Yield: 4 servings
These crispy baked sweet potato fries are a healthier alternative to traditional fries. They’re seasoned to perfection and have a satisfying crunch in every bite.
Nutrition per serving:
Savor the irresistible combination of sweetness and crispiness with every mouthful. Whether you’re enjoying them as a snack during movie night or as a side dish to your favorite meal, these baked sweet potato fries are sure to be a hit. Share this recipe with friends and family, and let the symphony of flavors and textures elevate your culinary experience.