Crispy Coconut Shrimp: Tropical Appetizer Bliss
If you’re looking for a taste of the tropics in the comfort of your own home, our Crispy Coconut Shrimp recipe is just what you need. These delectable bites of heaven are a perfect appetizer for any occasion. With a crispy golden exterior and a hint of coconut sweetness, they’re sure to transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Start by setting up a breading station. In one bowl, combine the shredded coconut and panko bread crumbs. In another bowl, place the all-purpose flour. In a third bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and black pepper.
- Take each shrimp and dip it first into the flour, shaking off any excess. Next, dip it into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat the shrimp in the coconut and panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add the coated shrimp in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the shrimp from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve your Crispy Coconut Shrimp hot with a dipping sauce of your choice. They pair wonderfully with sweet chili sauce or a tangy mango salsa.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Crispy Coconut Shrimp are the ultimate tropical appetizer, boasting a perfect balance of crispy and sweet flavors that will transport you straight to the beach.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
If you want to impress your guests with a taste of the tropics at your next gathering, our Crispy Coconut Shrimp recipe is a must-try. Whether it’s a summer barbecue or a cozy winter dinner, these delightful shrimp will always be a hit. So, why wait? Dive into the world of tropical flavors and create your own appetizer bliss with our Crispy Coconut Shrimp recipe.