Crispy Coconut Shrimp – Tropical Seafood Delight
If you’re seeking a delightful taste of the tropics, look no further than our Crispy Coconut Shrimp recipe. This dish encapsulates the essence of a sun-soaked paradise with every succulent bite. The crispiness of golden coconut-breaded shrimp paired with a tangy tropical dipping sauce creates a symphony of flavors that transports you to azure waters and sandy beaches.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer or heavy skillet to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, mix shredded coconut, panko breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dredge each shrimp in flour, then dip in beaten eggs, and coat with the coconut-breadcrumb mixture.
- Carefully place coated shrimp in the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from oil and let them drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Crispy Coconut Shrimp are the perfect blend of crunch and tropical flavor. Serve them at your next gathering to transport your guests to a sun-soaked paradise.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 320, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 15g
Indulge in the taste of the tropics with our Crispy Coconut Shrimp. As you bite into the perfectly golden and crunchy exterior, the sweet essence of coconut marries harmoniously with the tender, succulent shrimp inside. Each mouthful is a journey to a faraway beach, where the waves whisper and the sun kisses your skin.
Pair these delectable delights with our homemade tropical dipping sauce for an explosion of flavors. The zesty tang of pineapple and lime complements the rich coconut undertones, creating a dance of tastes that lingers on your palate.
Whether you’re hosting a summer soirée or simply craving a taste of vacation, our Crispy Coconut Shrimp is your answer. With its enticing aroma and delightful combination of textures, it’s a dish that turns any occasion into a tropical escape.