Golden and Crispy French Fries
Picture this: a plate of golden and crispy French fries, each fry boasting a satisfying crunch as you take that first irresistible bite. These fries are the epitome of comfort food, a timeless classic that has the power to transport you back to carefree moments of indulgence. But here’s the secret to achieving that perfect balance of golden exterior and fluffy interior.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt to taste
- Start by washing and peeling the russet potatoes. Cut them into uniform matchsticks and soak them in cold water for about 30 minutes. This helps remove excess starch for crispier fries.
- Drain and pat the potato sticks dry before proceeding.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 325°F (160°C).
- In batches, fry the potato sticks for about 4-5 minutes until they’re pale in color and slightly tender. Remove and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Increase the oil temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Return the cooled potato sticks to the hot oil and fry until they turn a beautiful golden brown and crispy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Once fried to perfection, remove the fries, let excess oil drain, and immediately season with salt.
- Serve the golden and crispy French fries hot and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Indulge in the nostalgia of perfectly cooked French fries with a crisp, golden exterior and a fluffy interior. This recipe guarantees a satisfying crunch in every bite.
Nutrition information: Calories per serving – 220, Fat – 10g, Carbohydrates – 30g, Protein – 3g
Whether served as a snack, a side dish, or the star of the meal, these golden and crispy French fries never fail to bring joy. With this recipe, you’ll master the art of achieving that coveted crunch, making every bite a celebration of taste and texture.