Golden Cornbread Muffins: Soulful Side
Picture yourself in a cozy Southern kitchen, the scent of warmth and tradition filling the air. The Golden Cornbread Muffins are more than a side – they’re a journey to the heart of soulful comfort food. These muffins capture the essence of Southern cooking with every bite.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool slightly before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
These Golden Cornbread Muffins bring the soul-soothing flavors of the South to your table. Moist and golden, they are the perfect companions to hearty stews or enjoyed on their own.
Nutrition information: Calories: 180 | Fat: 7g | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g
Picture yourself savoring each bite of these golden delights, a link to tradition and comfort. These muffins aren’t just food; they’re a connection to generations past, a tribute to the love and care that goes into Southern cooking. Whether served alongside collard greens or enjoyed as a snack, these Golden Cornbread Muffins will always be a soulful side that warms the heart.