Golden Cornbread Muffins – Southern Charm
If you’re looking for a taste of true Southern charm, look no further than these delectable Golden Cornbread Muffins. They are the epitome of comfort food, embodying the warmth and hospitality that the South is known for. Whether you’re serving them up with a hearty bowl of chili or as a side to your favorite BBQ dishes, these muffins are sure to be a hit.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
These Golden Cornbread Muffins are the perfect blend of sweet and savory. They have a beautiful golden color and a moist, tender crumb that pairs perfectly with a pat of butter. Serve them at your next gathering, and watch as they disappear in no time.
Nutrition Information: (per serving) Calories: 210, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 51mg, Sodium: 190mg, Total Carbohydrates: 28g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 13g, Protein: 4g
If you want to capture the essence of Southern cuisine, these Golden Cornbread Muffins are a must-try. Their delightful taste will transport you to a front porch swing, where the sweet sounds of Southern charm are as comforting as the flavors in each bite. So, whip up a batch of these muffins and savor the taste of the South!