Golden Cornbread Muffins: Southern Charm
Picture yourself in a cozy Southern kitchen, the scent of cornbread wafting through the air, bringing with it a sense of comfort and warmth. The recipe for Golden Cornbread Muffins is more than a culinary delight; it’s a journey back to cherished memories and timeless flavors.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, honey, and eggs until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix; some lumps are okay.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
These Golden Cornbread Muffins are a perfect blend of Southern tradition and modern convenience. Their slightly sweet flavor and tender crumb make them an ideal companion to hearty stews or a humble plate of beans.
Nutrition information: Calories: 185, Total Fat: 8g, Sodium: 230mg, Total Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 3g
Picture yourself serving these delightful cornbread muffins at a family gathering, each bite evoking the warmth of the South and the joy of simple pleasures. Whether enjoyed on their own or paired with your favorite dishes, these muffins will undoubtedly become a cherished recipe in your kitchen.