Golden Cornbread Recipe Joy
If there’s one thing that brings pure joy to the dinner table, it’s a pan of golden, freshly baked cornbread. This beloved classic is a staple in Southern cuisine, and for good reason. Its warm, buttery aroma and slightly sweet, crumbly texture can turn any meal into a special occasion.
Here’s our cherished family recipe for Golden Cornbread, a delightful dish that has brought smiles and comfort to generations. Whether you’re serving it alongside a bowl of hearty chili or as a sidekick to your Sunday roast, this cornbread will always steal the show.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 9 servings
This Golden Cornbread Recipe Joy is a classic Southern cornbread that’s moist, slightly sweet, and perfect for any occasion.
Nutrition: (per serving) Calories: 212, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 51mg, Sodium: 294mg, Total Carbohydrates: 32g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 9g, Protein: 5g
If you want to experience the joy that only homemade cornbread can bring, try our Golden Cornbread Recipe Joy today. Whether you’re enjoying it as a comforting side or indulging in a slice all on its own, this cornbread is sure to warm your heart and satisfy your taste buds. Share the joy with your loved ones!