Hearty Eats: Slow-Cooked Beef Stew Perfection
Imagine the scent of rich, slow-simmered beef stew wafting through your kitchen on a chilly evening. It’s a comfort that transcends time, a dish that brings families together. Our Slow-Cooked Beef Stew is the embodiment of warmth and love, capturing the essence of traditional cooking while fitting seamlessly into modern lives.
- 2 lbs beef chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by seasoning the beef chunks with salt and pepper. In a hot skillet, sear the beef until it’s browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add in the tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onion and garlic mixture to your slow cooker. Add in the seared beef, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Pour in the beef broth and red wine. Stir everything together gently.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to low. Let the stew simmer for 7-8 hours, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Once the stew is ready, season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve hot and enjoy the heartwarming flavors.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 8 hours
Yield: 6 servings
A soul-soothing blend of tender beef and hearty vegetables slow-cooked to perfection, creating a stew that’s both comforting and flavorful.
Nutrition information: Calories: 320 | Fat: 12g | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 24g
As the aromas intertwine and the flavors harmonize, our Slow-Cooked Beef Stew embodies the artistry of rustic cooking. Each spoonful is a journey back to simpler times, and every bite tells a story of tradition and togetherness. Whether enjoyed around a table with loved ones or savored as a leftover, this stew brings a taste of homemade joy to every meal.