Hearty Vegetable Minestrone: Wholesome Comfort
There’s something truly satisfying about a warm bowl of Hearty Vegetable Minestrone. This recipe is more than just a soup; it’s a comforting embrace on a chilly day, a wholesome medley of flavors and textures that nourishes both body and soul. From the first spoonful to the last, this minestrone takes you on a journey through the heartiness of vegetables, the richness of broth, and the comfort of well-balanced seasonings.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Saute the onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil until they begin to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, vegetable broth, thyme, and oregano.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, green beans, and elbow macaroni. Cook until the pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Season the minestrone with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve the minestrone hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
A hearty and wholesome vegetable minestrone soup that warms the heart and satisfies the palate.
Nutrition information: Calories: 180, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 3.5g
Whether enjoyed as a soul-soothing meal on a rainy day or a delightful way to pack in those nutrient-rich veggies, this Hearty Vegetable Minestrone is a testament to the beauty of simplicity in cooking. It’s a reminder that comfort can be found in a single bowl, and that good food has the power to uplift and nourish us in more ways than one.