Many U.S. states and Canada have legalized medicinal and leisure marijuana, which has elevated shopper demand for hashish and cannabis-infused merchandise. With respect to laws within the U.S., there may be little harmonization between the federal and state governments. Due to this fact, it has been left to the states, which has created a disparate mosaic of legal guidelines throughout the nation.
To fulfill regulatory necessities, hashish and hemp merchandise require quite a few security assessments. Among the many needed assessments for these merchandise is the evaluation of heavy metals, reminiscent of arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and lead.
Wiley has partnered with Agilent Applied sciences to carry collectively a particular assortment of articles detailing testing strategies for figuring out heavy metals in hashish and hemp merchandise. This necessary useful resource options articles from Agilent Applied sciences and Wiley publications, together with Meals High quality & Security.
On this assortment, you’ll examine:
- Testing strategies to make sure the security of cannabis-infused meals and drinks.
- The potential of hemp for paired phytoremediation and bioenergy manufacturing.
- The challenges of cannabinoid efficiency testing.
- The present efficiency traits for THC and different cannabinoids in hashish.
- Heavy metals testing technique utilizing ICP-MS, accepted by AOAC.
- Dedication of heavy metals in hashish and hemp merchandise following the AOAC technique for ICP-MS.
We expect this sequence of important articles will provide help to produce high-quality and protected merchandise that meet shopper expectations.