Homemade Authentic Salsa
There’s something uniquely satisfying about the vibrant burst of flavors that a bowl of homemade authentic salsa brings to the table. The rich red tomatoes, the crisp notes of fresh cilantro, the zing of jalapenos, and the hint of lime – all come together in a harmonious fiesta for your taste buds. This salsa recipe, passed down through generations, captures the true essence of traditional Mexican cuisine.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Start by preparing all the ingredients. Dice the tomatoes, finely chop the red onion, mince the garlic, and dice the jalapeno peppers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, chopped red onion, minced garlic, and jalapeno peppers.
- Gently fold in the chopped cilantro and squeeze the fresh lime juice over the mixture.
- Season with salt and give the salsa a good stir to combine all the flavors.
- Allow the salsa to sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour. This helps the flavors meld together beautifully.
- Once chilled, give the salsa a final taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: Approximately 2 cups
A vibrant and zesty homemade salsa that captures the authentic flavors of Mexico.
Nutrition information: Calories: 25kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g
After all is said and done, this homemade authentic salsa is not just a condiment – it’s a celebration of taste and togetherness. The salsa’s fresh and vibrant character adds a lively touch to tacos, tortilla chips, grilled meats, or even simple salads. Every bite takes you on a journey to the heart of Mexican kitchens, where generations have perfected the art of combining simple, fresh ingredients into something truly extraordinary. So, whether you’re hosting a fiesta or simply craving a flavorful snack, this salsa is your passport to a true fiesta of flavors.