Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
If you’re craving comfort food with a homemade touch, look no further than this delicious Homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe. This classic dish combines tender chunks of chicken, savory vegetables, and a creamy sauce, all encased in a flaky, golden-brown crust. It’s the perfect meal for cozy family dinners or special occasions.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the chopped onion, cooking until it becomes translucent.
- Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed until well combined.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the cooked chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Mix well.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place one pie crust in a pie dish. Pour the chicken mixture into the crust.
- Top with the second pie crust, pinching the edges to seal and cutting a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your Homemade Chicken Pot Pie!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
This Homemade Chicken Pot Pie recipe is a timeless classic that’s sure to please the whole family. With its creamy filling and flaky crust, it’s comfort food at its finest.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 450, Fat: 27g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 18g
If you want to indulge in a taste of nostalgia and warmth, give this Homemade Chicken Pot Pie a try. It’s a labor of love that brings joy to the table with every bite. Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a special gathering, this dish never disappoints.