Homemade Chicken & Rice Soup
There’s nothing quite as comforting as a warm bowl of Homemade Chicken & Rice Soup. This cherished family recipe has been passed down through generations, filling homes with its heartwarming aroma and delicious taste. Whether you’re feeling under the weather or just craving some soothing goodness, this soup is your answer.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of white rice
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Start by cooking the chicken breasts in a pot of boiling water until fully cooked. Remove, let cool, and shred the meat.
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onions, carrots, and celery until they begin to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and thyme, and sauté for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the shredded chicken and rice to the pot.
- Cover and let the soup simmer for about 20-25 minutes, until the rice is cooked and the flavors meld together.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with freshly chopped parsley.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Warm your soul with a bowl of Homemade Chicken & Rice Soup. This classic recipe combines tender shredded chicken, wholesome vegetables, and fragrant thyme-infused broth. Served piping hot with a sprinkle of fresh parsley, it’s a hug in a bowl that’s perfect for any occasion.
Nutrition information: Calories: 220 | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 3.5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 950mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g
As you savor each spoonful of this Homemade Chicken & Rice Soup, you’re not just indulging in a delicious dish – you’re embracing a tradition that spans generations. This soup has the magical ability to chase away the chill of a winter’s day and bring comfort to the weary. It’s a reminder that sometimes, the simplest recipes are the ones that touch us the most deeply. So, whether you’re enjoying it alone with a good book or sharing it with loved ones around the table, let this soup wrap you in its warmth and nourish your body and soul.