Homemade Italian Meatballs
There’s something undeniably comforting about the aroma of Italian cuisine wafting through the kitchen. One dish that never fails to elicit feelings of warmth and nostalgia is a plate of perfectly crafted Homemade Italian Meatballs. These little bundles of flavor are not just a dish; they’re a reminder of shared family meals and cherished traditions.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Mix together the ground beef and pork in a large bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour over the meat mixture.
- Gently mix the ingredients until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Shape the mixture into meatballs of your desired size.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the meatballs in the skillet and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve the meatballs with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: Approximately 20 meatballs
These Homemade Italian Meatballs are a labor of love, bringing together the richness of beef and pork, the earthy aroma of garlic and oregano, and the comforting texture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Each bite is a journey to Italy, where family recipes have been passed down for generations.
Nutrition information: Calories per serving – 180, Total Fat – 10g, Protein – 15g, Carbohydrates – 8g
Just like Nonna used to make, these Homemade Italian Meatballs capture the essence of Italian cuisine and the joy of gathering loved ones around the table. Share these mouthwatering meatballs with your family and friends, and create your own lasting memories and traditions.