Homemade Margherita Pizza Recipe
Craving a taste of Italy in the comfort of your own kitchen? Our Homemade Margherita Pizza recipe will transport you straight to the charming streets of Naples. This classic pizza is a true masterpiece of simplicity, letting quality ingredients shine.
Savor the rich flavors of San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and fragrant basil leaves, all atop a perfectly thin and crispy crust. With our easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll become a pizza maestro in no time.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup San Marzano tomato sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C) and place a pizza stone inside to heat up.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface into your desired thickness.
- Transfer the dough to a pizza peel or an inverted baking sheet dusted with cornmeal.
- Spread the San Marzano tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border for the crust.
- Layer the fresh mozzarella slices on top of the sauce.
- Scatter fresh basil leaves over the cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pizza and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pizza to the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a minute, then slice and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
Homemade Margherita Pizza is a classic Italian dish featuring a perfect blend of tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil on a crispy crust.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 350, Fat 12g, Carbohydrates 45g, Protein 15g
Transport your taste buds to Italy with our Homemade Margherita Pizza. This recipe captures the essence of Italian cuisine, and each bite is like a culinary journey. Whether you’re making it for a cozy night in or a gathering with friends, this Margherita Pizza is a crowd-pleaser. The simple yet exquisite combination of flavors will make it your go-to pizza choice. So, roll up your sleeves, put on your apron, and get ready to create a slice of Italy in your own kitchen. Buon appetito!