Homemade Sourdough Bread: Artisanal Mastery
Sourdough bread is a timeless classic that has been cherished for generations. There’s something truly magical about the process of nurturing a wild yeast starter, mixing it with flour, and waiting patiently for the dough to ferment and rise. The result? A beautifully crusty, tangy loaf of sourdough bread that’s the epitome of artisanal mastery.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of lukewarm water
- 1 cup of active sourdough starter
- 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
- Combine the flour and water in a large mixing bowl to form a shaggy dough.
- Add the sourdough starter and salt, then knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let it ferment for 8-12 hours, folding the dough every few hours.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf, let it rise, then bake in a preheated oven until golden brown.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Homemade Sourdough Bread: Artisanal Mastery is a labor of love that rewards you with a crusty, flavorful loaf.
Nutrition Information: Calories per serving – 150 | Fat – 1g | Carbohydrates – 30g | Protein – 5g
Sourdough bread isn’t just food; it’s a journey. The patience and dedication required to create this masterpiece make it all the more special. As you savor your first bite of warm, freshly baked sourdough bread with its crackling crust and delightful tang, you’ll know that the effort was worth it. Share this recipe with friends and family, and pass on the tradition of artisanal breadmaking. Embrace the art of sourdough, and let it become a cherished part of your culinary repertoire.