Homemade Sourdough Bread: Crispy Crust & Chewy Inside
Savor the magic of artisanal baking with our Homemade Sourdough Bread recipe. Every slice tells a tale of crispy crusts, chewy interiors, and the heartwarming aroma that fills your kitchen. This centuries-old tradition comes alive as your hands craft each loaf with love and patience.
- 2 cups active sourdough starter
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tsp salt
- Mix the active sourdough starter, bread flour, and lukewarm water in a bowl. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salt over the dough and knead until smooth. Cover and let it rise for 4 hours, folding the dough every hour.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf and place it in a floured banneton. Let it rise for another 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) with a Dutch oven inside.
- Gently place the risen dough into the hot Dutch oven. Score the top and cover with the lid. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the crust turns golden.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack before slicing into it. Enjoy the symphony of textures and flavors!
Total time: 7 hours
Yields: 1 delicious sourdough loaf
Crafted to perfection, our Homemade Sourdough Bread boasts a beautifully blistered crispy crust that gives way to a soft and chewy interior. This recipe encapsulates the art of slow fermentation and traditional baking methods, resulting in a loaf that’s not only a feast for the senses but also a testament to the rich history of bread-making.
Nutrition information: Calories: 180 per serving, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 0.5g
Savor the satisfaction that comes from creating bread that’s more than just food—it’s a journey that connects you to generations of bakers before you. Share a slice with loved ones, and let the story of your sourdough masterpiece be told with each delightful bite.