Homestyle Chicken and Rice Soup
There’s something comforting about a warm bowl of Homestyle Chicken and Rice Soup. This recipe takes you back to the cherished flavors of home-cooked meals that bring families together around the dining table. Imagine tender chunks of chicken, perfectly cooked rice, and a medley of wholesome vegetables dancing in a rich, savory broth.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Start by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, add a bit more oil if needed and sauté the onion, carrots, and celery until they start to soften. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pot and add the thyme and bay leaf. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the rice and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the flavors meld together.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed. Remove the bay leaf.
- Ladle the Homestyle Chicken and Rice Soup into bowls, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve hot.
Total time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Warm your soul with this Homestyle Chicken and Rice Soup. It’s a delightful blend of tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and fragrant thyme, all coming together in a comforting chicken broth. Serve it on a chilly evening or whenever you crave the nostalgic taste of home.
Nutrition information: Calories: 280; Total Fat: 5g; Carbohydrate: 35g; Protein: 23g
Make cherished memories around the table as you savor this nourishing Homestyle Chicken and Rice Soup. With each spoonful, you’ll feel the love and care that goes into crafting a meal that warms both the body and the heart.