Honey Mustard Glazed Ham: Holiday Highlight
Picture this: a beautifully glazed ham, glistening under the warm, holiday lights, ready to be the centerpiece of your festive table. The Honey Mustard Glazed Ham is more than just a dish; it’s a work of culinary art that brings together the sweetness of honey and the tanginess of mustard in perfect harmony. This recipe not only tantalizes your taste buds but also fills the air with an irresistible aroma that defines holiday gatherings.
- 1 (8-10 pounds) bone-in, fully cooked ham
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern, making shallow cuts.
- In a bowl, mix Dijon mustard, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and ground cloves to create the glaze.
- Brush a generous amount of the glaze over the ham.
- Place the ham in a baking pan and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Bake the ham in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, basting with the glaze every 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, allowing the glaze to caramelize.
- Once the internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C), remove the ham from the oven and let it rest before carving.
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 12-14 servings
A masterpiece of flavors, this Honey Mustard Glazed Ham is the epitome of holiday indulgence.
Nutrition information: Calories: 350, Total Fat: 15g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 35g
As you slice into the succulent ham, each piece tells a story of care and expertise. The glaze gives it a beautiful caramelized finish, while the interplay of sweet and tangy flavors will leave your guests craving for more. Whether it’s a Thanksgiving feast or a Christmas dinner, this Honey Mustard Glazed Ham will undoubtedly steal the spotlight, becoming a cherished holiday memory for years to come.