Irish Beef Stew Comfort
A warm bowl of Irish Beef Stew Comfort is more than just a meal; it’s a journey through the lush landscapes and cozy kitchens of Ireland. This hearty dish has been a staple of Irish households for generations, with its roots tracing back to humble cottages and cherished family gatherings. The symphony of flavors in this stew transports you to the verdant hills and friendly conversations around the hearth.
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cubed
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sear the beef cubes until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic until aromatic. Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return beef to the pot. Add potatoes, carrots, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Pour in the beef broth and red wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 2-3 hours, until the beef is tender.
- Discard bay leaves and adjust seasoning before serving.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Irish Beef Stew Comfort is a soul-warming dish that brings the rustic charm of Ireland to your table. Tender beef, hearty vegetables, and aromatic herbs combine to create a symphony of flavors that resonate with tradition and comfort.
Nutrition information: Calories: 320, Total Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 28g
A spoonful of this stew is a taste of Ireland’s love for hearty fare and a reminder that the simple joys of gathering around good food are universal. Whether you’re savoring it on a chilly evening or sharing it with loved ones, Irish Beef Stew Comfort is a culinary masterpiece that warms both body and soul.