For a fully scrumptious consolation dish the entire household can take pleasure in, this straightforward keto sausage casserole is difficult to beat! It combines floor meat with mock potato slices in a buttery cream sauce.
You will love this straightforward keto breakfast recipe! It combines floor pork sausage with daikon radish slices and loads of shredded cheese.
The radish tastes a lot like potatoes that I considered calling it a sausage potato casserole, however that is a bit deceptive. Though the radish does style like potato, technically it is not.
It doesn’t matter what you name it, this low carb breakfast casserole is certain to please even the pickiest eaters. Actually, I served it to my household they usually did not even suspect it was a dish low in web carbs.
Let’s check out what it is advisable make this keto breakfast casserole with sausage.
Here is the components you may want for the recipe:
- Bulk floor sausage – It is best to make use of a floor pork breakfast sausage. However you may change up the flavour for lunch and dinner by utilizing Italian sausage.
- Minced onions – Both dried or recent can be utilized. I have a tendency to make use of dry minced onion because it’s at all times in my pantry.
- Butter provides a pleasant buttery taste to the sausage breakfast casserole.
- Xanthan gum is a low-carb thickener used to thicken up the cream sauce.
- Heavy cream provides taste and creaminess to the sauce.
- Keto milk is any milk that’s low in carbs. I like to make use of coconut milk within the carton however unsweetened almond milk is one other nice choice.
- Daikon radish is among the finest keto potato substitutes. However if you cannot discover it you should use one other mock potato like cauliflower, turnip, or rutabaga.
- Cheddar cheese is my favourite shredded cheese to make use of. Nevertheless, be happy to make use of your favourite sort. Monterey jack cheese is an efficient various.
- Seasoning – I simply use a bit salt & floor black pepper to style however a bit garlic powder is a pleasant add.
If you’d like extra of a conventional keto breakfast casserole, the xanthan gum could be changed with a pair eggs or extra.
Simply observe these step-by-step instructions to make the gluten free breakfast casserole.
Cook dinner sausage
Preheat oven then cook dinner sausage whereas the oven is warming up. floor sausage is cooked with onion in a big skillet.
Put together sauce
To avoid wasting time, the sauce could be ready whereas the meats cooks. The creamy sauce is a made by mixing melted butter with cream, low carb milk, and xanthan gum.
As soon as the sauce is ready, about ⅓ of it’s unfold on the backside of a small casserole dish. Then half of the peeled and thinly sliced daikon is then organized on prime.
Half of the browned sausage combination is then sprinkled excessive of the daikon slices.
Then, half the shredded cheddar cheese is sprinkled on prime.
Subsequent, one other third of the cream sauce is unfold over the cheese layer. The layers are repeated ending with the remaining third of sauce drizzled excessive.
After assembling all of the layers of the sausage breakfast casserole, the baking dish is roofed with foil. It is than baked for Half-hour at 350°F.
The foil cowl is eliminated after the preliminary 30 minute baking time. Then the casserole is returned to the oven to bake for a further 25-Half-hour. At the moment, the highest must be browned and the radish must be tender.
💭 Fast ideas
- Reduce radish into slices with the identical thickness. It is best to make use of a mandoline slicer to get the radish sliced evenly.
- Use eggs. For extra of a breakfast casserole, substitute the xanthan gum with 2-4 eggs.
- Change the sausage. Pork breakfast sausage is most well-liked when serving this as a keto breakfast. However different forms of sausage can be utilized, particularly if serving for lunch or dinner.
- Add cream cheese. For a bit little bit of tang, stir in some softened cream cheese into the cream sauce. It is also an awesome thickener so you may omit the xanthan gum.
🍽️ Serving ideas
This sausage cheese casserole is ideal for a keto breakfast! However it’s hearty sufficient to be served as the primary dish for lunch or dinner.
If serving the the keto casserole as the primary dish, add in a aspect dish of steamed greens or a aspect salad. It may also be served as an alternative potato dish for a giant vacation dinner.
Should you like this keto sausage breakfast casserole recipe, you might wish to strive a couple of extra casserole and mock potato dishes.
Keto Sausage Casserole
A straightforward casserole recipe with floor sausage and mock potato slices in a buttery cream sauce. It is a scrumptious casserole that is low-carb, keto, and gluten-free.
Preheat oven to 350 levels. Spray or butter a medium baking dish.
Brown sausage in a big skillet with minced onion.
Whisk collectively butter, xanthan gum, cream, and milk till blended. Season with salt and pepper to style.
Unfold a 3rd of the cream sauce on the backside of the baking dish. Prime with half of the sliced daikon. Sprinkle half the sausage over the daikon and prime it with half the cheese. Add one other third of the sauce then repeat the layers. Prime finally with the final of your cream sauce.
Cowl baking dish with foil and bake for Half-hour. Take away the foil and bake for a further 25-Half-hour till daikon is tender.
For extra of a breakfast casserole, substitute the xanthan gum with 2-4 eggs.
Pork breakfast sausage is most well-liked when serving this as a keto breakfast. However different forms of sausage can be utilized, particularly if serving for lunch or dinner.
For a bit little bit of tang, stir in some softened cream cheese into the cream sauce. It is also an awesome thickener so you may omit the xanthan gum.
Serving: 1slice | Energy: 248 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 56mg | Vitamin A: 600IU | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Array ( [serving_size] => 1 [calories] => 248 [carbohydrates] => 1 [protein] => 13 [fat] => 18 [saturated_fat] => 10 [cholesterol] => 90 [sodium] => 173 [potassium] => 56 [vitamin_a] => 600 [calcium] => 140 [iron] => 0.2 [serving_unit] => slice )
Be aware on Dietary Data
Dietary info for the recipe is offered as a courtesy and is approximate solely. We can not assure the accuracy of the dietary info given for any recipe on this website. Erythritol carbs usually are not included in carb counts because it has been proven to not influence blood sugar. Internet carbs are the full carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this materials with out written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited except for private offline functions.
Single pictures could also be used, offered that full credit score is given to LowCarbYum.com together with a hyperlink again to the unique content material.
Submit up to date in on Could 24, 2022. Initially printed November 2010.