Luscious Homemade Strawberry Jam
There’s nothing quite like the taste of summer captured in a jar of luscious homemade strawberry jam. The vibrant red hue and the sweet aroma make this jam not only a delightful spread but also a nostalgic memory of sunny days. Imagine slathering this jam over warm buttered toast, or using it as a filling for delicate pastries; each bite is a burst of pure joy.
- 4 cups fresh, ripe strawberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Start by washing the strawberries under cold water. Remove the stems and cut them into halves.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar. Let the mixture sit for about an hour to allow the sugar to macerate the berries.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add lemon juice to enhance the flavor and provide natural pectin.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Let the jam simmer for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and reaches the desired consistency.
- Skim off any foam that forms on the surface and discard it.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the jam cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the warm strawberry jam into clean, sterilized jars, leaving about half an inch of headspace.
- Seal the jars with lids and allow them to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
Prep time: 1 hour
Yields: Approximately 2 cups
Capture the essence of summer with this irresistible luscious homemade strawberry jam. Made with just three simple ingredients, it’s the perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess.
Nutrition information: Calories: 40 | Total Fat: 0g | Total Carbs: 10g | Sugars: 9g
Picture yourself opening a jar of this strawberry jam during the colder months, and instantly being transported back to sunny afternoons spent picking strawberries. It’s more than just a condiment; it’s a jar full of cherished memories. Spread it generously, share it with loved ones, and savor the taste of summer all year round.