Maple-Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts
If you’re looking for an irresistible side dish that perfectly balances sweetness and tanginess, these Maple-Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts are a must-try. The delicate bitterness of Brussels sprouts is elevated to new heights with a harmonious blend of maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
The key to this recipe lies not only in the rich glaze but also in the roasting technique. As the Brussels sprouts caramelize in the oven, their flavors deepen, and their textures turn wonderfully crisp yet tender. The resulting dish is a symphony of flavors and textures that will surprise and delight your taste buds.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped pecans for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the sprouts are caramelized and tender, stirring once halfway through.
- While the sprouts are roasting, mix balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done, drizzle the maple-balsamic glaze over them and toss to coat evenly.
- If using pecans, sprinkle them over the glazed sprouts.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve warm.
Prep time: 10 minutes
These Maple-Balsamic Glazed Brussels Sprouts take a classic side dish to the next level with a perfect balance of sweet and tangy flavors.
Nutrition information: Calories: 120; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 15g; Protein: 4g
Indulge in the delightful combination of flavors that make these Brussels sprouts utterly irresistible. The caramelization brings out the natural sweetness of the sprouts, while the balsamic vinegar adds a delightful tangy note. Drizzling them with a luscious maple glaze takes this dish to a whole new level of deliciousness. Whether you’re serving these sprouts alongside a hearty roast or as a standalone treat, they’re guaranteed to steal the show and have everyone reaching for seconds.