Pesto Pasta Primavera: Vibrant Veggie Mix
Whether it’s a delightful summer evening or a cozy winter afternoon, my Pesto Pasta Primavera is the ultimate culinary celebration of seasonal goodness. Picture a symphony of colors on your plate – emerald green pesto, vibrant roasted vegetables, and perfectly cooked pasta. This recipe is not just a meal; it’s a journey through nature’s bounty.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups seasonal mixed vegetables, sliced
- 12 oz pasta of your choice
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Start by making the pesto. In a food processor, combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Pulse until finely chopped.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto reaches a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the mixed vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes, and a generous amount of the freshly prepared pesto. Toss until everything is well coated.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and an extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Pesto Pasta Primavera is a celebration of seasonal vegetables and the freshness of homemade pesto. This vibrant dish is perfect for gatherings or a delightful family dinner.
Nutrition information: Calories: 420, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 28g
Make the most of the bounties each season offers with my Pesto Pasta Primavera. It’s not just a recipe; it’s a canvas of colors, flavors, and the simple joy of savoring nature’s treasures. As you take your first bite, close your eyes and let the symphony of tastes transport you to sun-kissed gardens and flourishing markets. Enjoy the goodness, share the love, and happy cooking!