Pesto Pasta Salad: Vibrant Summer Dish
Ah, the joys of summer – long sunny days, laughter-filled gatherings, and the irresistible aroma of delicious food wafting through the air. One dish that never fails to capture the essence of the season is the Pesto Pasta Salad. Its vibrant medley of colors and flavors is a celebration of summer on a plate.
- 2 cups fusilli pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the fusilli pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan. Pulse until finely chopped.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil to form a smooth pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, and red onion.
- Add the prepared pesto and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Garnish with extra basil leaves and toasted pine nuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This Pesto Pasta Salad is a burst of summer flavors with fresh basil pesto, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and more.
Nutrition information: Calories: 380, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 25g
As you take a forkful of this Pesto Pasta Salad, you’re met with the delightful contrast of the creamy mozzarella, the juicy burst of cherry tomatoes, and the satisfying bite of perfectly cooked pasta. The basil pesto, with its aromatic intensity, elevates the dish to a new level of deliciousness. Each mouthful is like a journey through the sun-kissed gardens of Italy, capturing the essence of summer in every bite.
So why wait? Gather your loved ones, set up a picnic table, and let this Pesto Pasta Salad be the star of your summertime feast. It’s not just a dish – it’s a celebration of life’s simplest and most joyful moments. Happy summer, happy cooking!