Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers | Healthy Bliss
Create a storytelling style description of this mouthwatering recipe that will leave your taste buds tingling and your heart satisfied.
- 4 large bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. If needed, trim the bottoms slightly to make them stand upright.
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, half of the shredded cheese (if using), chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the quinoa mixture and place them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the stuffed peppers.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
These Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers are a nutritious and flavorful meal that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or entertaining guests. Packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins, they offer a wholesome twist on the classic stuffed pepper. The combination of quinoa, black beans, corn, and aromatic spices creates a satisfying and delicious filling. Plus, the colorful bell peppers not only add a vibrant touch to your plate but also provide essential nutrients. Whether you’re a vegetarian or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, these stuffed peppers will become a favorite. Serve them with a side salad or avocado slices for a complete and balanced meal.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 342 | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 759mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4157IU | Vitamin C: 159mg | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 4mg
Create a culinary masterpiece with these Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. They are not only a treat for your taste buds but also a healthy choice for your body. This dish combines the nutty flavor of quinoa with the sweetness of bell peppers, creating a harmonious blend of taste and nutrition. Whether you’re following a vegetarian diet or simply want to add more veggies to your meals, this recipe is a winner. The colorful presentation makes it an excellent option for family dinners or special occasions. So, roll up your sleeves, get creative in the kitchen, and delight in the wholesome goodness of Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers. Your body will thank you, and your taste buds will rejoice!