Scrumptious browned and flavored kielbasa layered in a mattress of savory sauerkraut, this can be a meal that your total household will love! It’s packed stuffed with veggies and it’s able to eat in lower than half-hour!
Simple, one-skillet meals are a go-to round right here as a result of they’re scrumptious and simple! Check out some extra of my favorites like this unstuffed pepper skillet, this honey lime chicken, or this creamy chicken cacciatore!
What’s Kielbasa and Sauerkraut?
Kielbasa is a generally smoked sausage that’s typically used on skillet, sheet-pan, or crockpot meals! Actually, you possibly can pair this with absolutely anything and it’ll take the flavour up a notch! The sausage is browned to perfection making a scrumptious and juicy protein for this recipe. I wish to pair this kielbasa with sauerkraut. For those who aren’t aware of sauerkraut, it’s a finely shredded, pickled cabbage that has a definite, bitter taste that’s typically paired with sausage and meat.
On this dish, I mixed the kielbasa and sauerkraut with some peppers and onions to actually deliver out that scrumptious and distinctive taste. The wedding of the 2 is completely scrumptious and savory! You can too change this up by including completely different greens like green beans or potatoes! Serve this meal up with some scrumptious bread and you’ll be scraping each final chunk off of your plate!
Components to Make Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
This recipe isn’t solely fast to place collectively however the components listing is brief and candy! Try the recipe card on the backside of the publish for the entire actual measurements.
- Olive Oil: You’ll brown the sausage in olive oil. You need to use vegetable if that’s what you’ve gotten readily available!
- Polish Kielbasa: Slice up the kielbasa into ½ slices. Guarantee that they’re all related in dimension in order that they cook dinner evenly.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter on this recipe.
- Yellow Onion: You possibly can slice these up into giant or small items, relying in your desire whenever you eat them.
- Bell Peppers: I used yellow and pink peppers however you should utilize any coloration that you just want!
- Garlic: Minced garlic provides the BEST taste to this recipe!
- Sauerkraut: Don’t drain the sauerkraut!
- Salt and Pepper: Use these to taste the dish as you need!
How Do You Make Kielbasa and Sauerkraut?
This recipe is as simple as it’s scrumptious! It takes lower than half-hour from begin to end and is a brilliant family-friendly meal! When you brown up the meat and start cooking, the scrumptious and savory scent will fill your kitchen and you’ll be dying to eat it!
- Brown Sausage: In a big skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil and sliced kielbasa.
- Flip: Saute the kielbasa items for 7-8 minutes till browned and cooked by means of. Flip items over about midway by means of to brown each side. Take away the kielbasa from the pan and set it apart.
- Prepare dinner the Onions: Return to the identical skillet, and add the butter to soften over medium warmth. Add the sliced onions, and brown for about 8 minutes till softened and browned. Watch out to not burn the onions.
- Add Peppers: Add the sliced bell peppers. Prepare dinner them for five minutes or till they’re softened.
- Stir in Garlic: Stir within the minced garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
- Add within the Sauerkraut: Add the sauerkraut and cooked kielbasa to the onions and peppers. Prepare dinner for an extra 5 extra minutes till the sauerkraut is heat and the sausage is heated by means of.
- Season and Serve: Season with kosher salt and pepper to style. Serve heat!
- Can I Use a Non-Stick Skillet? Sure! In case you are utilizing a non-stick skillet then you possibly can skip utilizing olive oil and butter. Nevertheless, I nonetheless like to make use of them as a result of they introduce a scrumptious taste to the kielbasa!
- Don’t Stir Too Typically: For those who stir it too continuously then it prevents your kielbasa from browning and cooking evenly.
- Measurement: The bigger you chop your sausage. the longer it takes to cook dinner. To be sure that it cooks evenly, keep on with ½ inch slices.
The best way to Retailer Leftovers
In case you have leftovers of this kielbasa and sauerkraut then name your self fortunate! This makes one of the best leftovers for lunch or dinner the subsequent day!
- Within the Fridge: As soon as your kielbasa and sauerkraut have cooled then place them in an hermetic container and put them in your fridge. Leftovers will final 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: If you find yourself able to eat your leftovers, simply heat them on the range on medium warmth till they’re warmed by means of.
In case you are questioning what aspect dishes to serve along with your kielbasa and sauerkraut then don’t fear, I’ve give you a bunch for you! These will complement this meal and go away you feeling full when you’re completed. Plus, you possibly can’t have too many sides at time for dinner proper? extra is all the time higher!
In a big skillet over medium-high warmth, add the olive oil and sliced kielbasa.
Saute the kielbasa items for 7-8 minutes till browned and cooked by means of. Flip items over about midway by means of to brown each side. Take away the kielbasa from the pan and set it apart.
Return to the identical skillet, and add the butter to soften over medium warmth. Add the sliced onions, and brown for about 8 minutes till softened and browned. Watch out to not burn the onions.
Add the sliced bell peppers, and proceed to cook dinner for five minutes till they’re softened.
Stir within the minced garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
Add the sauerkraut and cooked kielbasa to the onions and peppers. Prepare dinner for an extra 5 extra minutes till the sauerkraut is heat and the sausage is heated by means of.
Season with kosher salt and pepper to style. Serve heat!
Energy99kcal (5%)Carbohydrates10g (3%)Protein2g (4%)Fats7g (11%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol8mg (3%)Sodium498mg (21%)Potassium294mg (8%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A1964IU (39%)Vitamin C89mg (108%)Calcium35mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third occasion calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.