Spaghetti Carbonara – Italian Classic at Home
Picture yourself in a charming Italian trattoria, where the aroma of freshly cooked pasta wafts through the air and laughter fills the room. Now, imagine recreating that experience in the comfort of your own kitchen with our exquisite Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. This timeless Italian classic is a masterpiece of flavors that dance harmoniously on your palate.
- 8 oz (225g) spaghetti
- 4 oz (115g) pancetta, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (100g) Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- In a skillet, sauté the diced pancetta until it’s golden and crispy. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta and pancetta-garlic mixture. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the egg-cheese mixture, using the residual heat to create a creamy sauce. If needed, add reserved pasta water to reach the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh parsley and an extra sprinkle of cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Indulge in the rich and creamy Spaghetti Carbonara, where every bite is a journey to the heart of Italy. The perfect blend of pancetta, Pecorino Romano cheese, and fresh pasta.
Nutrition information: Calories: 480 | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 22g
Picture yourself savoring each mouthful, transported by the genuine flavors of Italy. This Spaghetti Carbonara embodies the essence of Italian comfort food, offering a taste of tradition in every silky strand of pasta. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends, this dish will leave a lasting impression, just like the cobblestone streets of Rome. Buon appetito!