Spaghetti Carbonara: Italian Comfort on Your Plate
Picture yourself in a cozy Italian trattoria, surrounded by the rustic charm of cobblestone streets and the tantalizing aroma of hearty Italian cuisine. That’s the kind of comfort you’ll experience with our exquisite Spaghetti Carbonara. This timeless dish hailing from the heart of Rome is a symphony of simple ingredients that come together to create a harmonious, indulgent melody on your taste buds.
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 4 ounces of pancetta, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- In a skillet, sauté the diced pancetta until crispy. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta, pancetta-garlic mixture, and the egg-cheese mixture in a large mixing bowl. Toss quickly to ensure the eggs create a creamy sauce without scrambling.
- If needed, add a splash of the reserved pasta water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve the Carbonara immediately, garnished with chopped fresh parsley and an extra sprinkle of Pecorino Romano. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
A taste of Rome on your plate – Spaghetti Carbonara, the epitome of Italian comfort.
Nutrition information: Calories: 580 kcal, Fat: 24g, Carbohydrates: 61g, Protein: 28g
Picture yourself savoring each twirl of perfectly coated pasta, the richness of the egg-cheese sauce dancing with the salty bite of pancetta. It’s a culinary embrace that transports you to the cobbled streets of Italy, where every bite is a moment to be cherished. So, next time you crave comfort and flavor in a single dish, let our Spaghetti Carbonara remind you of the heartwarming simplicity of Italian cuisine. Buon appetito!