Spaghetti Carbonara Perfection
Ah, the classic Italian comfort dish that is Spaghetti Carbonara! Let me guide you through creating the perfect symphony of flavors that will transport you straight to the charming trattorias of Rome. With a delightful mix of creamy egg, salty pecorino cheese, crispy pancetta, and perfectly al dente spaghetti, this recipe is the embodiment of culinary harmony.
- 12 oz (340g) spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (100g) grated pecorino cheese
- 4 oz (113g) pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the spaghetti.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, grated pecorino cheese, and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- In a skillet, sauté the diced pancetta until crispy. Add minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add the drained spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat with the pancetta and garlic.
- Quickly pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta, tossing vigorously to create a creamy sauce. If needed, add reserved pasta water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh parsley and an extra sprinkle of pecorino cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Indulge in the velvety goodness of our Spaghetti Carbonara Perfection. With each forkful, savor the delicate dance between the silky egg sauce and the robust saltiness of pecorino cheese. The pancetta adds a satisfying crunch, while the garlic infuses the dish with aromatic delight. This recipe captures the essence of Italian cuisine, celebrating simplicity and premium ingredients.
Nutrition information: Calories: 480 | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 600mg | Fiber: 2g
Ah, what a pleasure it is to savor a plate of Spaghetti Carbonara done just right. Whether you’re sharing it with loved ones or treating yourself to a comforting solo meal, this dish is a timeless masterpiece that brings the flavors of Italy to your table.