Spicy Thai Noodle Soup
Transport yourself to the bustling streets of Bangkok with a bowl of our mouthwatering Spicy Thai Noodle Soup. This recipe is a harmonious marriage of bold flavors and fragrant aromas, encapsulating the essence of Thai street food culture. With the perfect balance of spice and depth, it’s a culinary journey you won’t want to miss.
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby bok choy, halved
- 8-10 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro and Thai basil for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by soaking the rice noodles in warm water until they’re pliable. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the chicken or vegetable broth, coconut milk, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, and red chilies. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, baby bok choy, and shrimp to the pot. Let them cook until the shrimp turns pink and opaque.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- To serve, divide the soaked rice noodles into bowls and ladle the hot soup over them.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and Thai basil for an authentic touch.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Aromatic Thai noodle soup infused with coconut milk, lemongrass, and a kick of spice.
Nutrition information: Calories: 320, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 8g
Transport your taste buds to the vibrant streets of Thailand with our Spicy Thai Noodle Soup. This soul-warming dish combines the rich creaminess of coconut milk with the zesty tang of lime and the subtle heat of red chilies. Every slurp is a dance of flavors that awakens your senses. Whether you’re a Thai food enthusiast or a newcomer, this recipe is your ticket to a culinary adventure like no other.