Taste of Summer: Grilled Pineapple & Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
There’s nothing quite like the enchanting melody of summer, and the best way to savor its symphony is with every bite of these Grilled Pineapple & Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. As the sun-kissed days stretch lazily ahead, embrace the vibrant flavors and textures that capture the essence of the season.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1 red onion, cut into squares
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by marinating the chicken in teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes. This will infuse the chicken with a delightful sweet and savory flavor.
- As the chicken marinates, soak the wooden skewers in water. This step prevents them from burning on the grill.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, ensuring it’s clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Thread the marinated chicken, fresh pineapple, bell pepper, and red onion onto the skewers, creating a colorful and appetizing arrangement.
- Season the skewers with a sprinkle of salt and pepper before placing them on the grill.
- Grill the skewers for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the pineapple has developed a delicious char.
- Once done, remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Prep time: 40 minutes (including marination)
Yield: 4 servings
These Grilled Pineapple & Teriyaki Chicken Skewers are a harmonious blend of juicy chicken, caramelized teriyaki glaze, and the tropical essence of pineapple. With each bite, you’ll taste the carefree days of summer.
Nutrition information: Calories per serving – 240 kcal, Protein – 25g, Carbohydrates – 20g, Fat – 6g
As the sun sets on your outdoor feast, these skewers will stand as a testament to the joys of the season. The mingling aromas of grilling, the laughter of friends and family, and the sheer satisfaction of savoring a masterpiece you’ve crafted on your grill. It’s not just a recipe; it’s a memory in the making, a flavor that lingers long after the last bite. So go ahead, celebrate summer with every mouthful.