Ultimate Classic Margherita Pizza: Simple Perfection
Whether it’s a cozy Friday night in or a gathering of friends, the Ultimate Classic Margherita Pizza is a timeless choice that never fails to delight the taste buds. With its simple yet perfectly balanced combination of flavors, this pizza has earned its place as a culinary masterpiece.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C) and place a pizza stone inside to heat.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough to a parchment paper-lined pizza peel.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a border for the crust.
- Layer the sliced mozzarella over the sauce.
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- While the pizza bakes, combine the minced garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Once the pizza is out of the oven, drizzle the garlic-infused oil over it.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice, serve, and savor every bite of this classic Margherita pizza!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 delicious Margherita pizza
A true classic that embodies the essence of Italian cuisine, the Ultimate Classic Margherita Pizza stands as a testament to the beauty of simplicity.
Nutrition information: Calories: 250 | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 480mg | Fiber: 2g
Indulge in the sublime combination of flavors that has charmed pizza lovers for generations. The Ultimate Classic Margherita Pizza captures the heart of Italian tradition in every mouthwatering bite. Share this simple perfection with loved ones, and create lasting memories around a pizza that’s as rich in history as it is in taste.