Velvety Butternut Squash Soup: Fall Warmth
Fall is in the air, and there’s nothing quite as comforting as a bowl of velvety butternut squash soup. Its rich, creamy texture and warm, earthy flavors are the perfect way to embrace the season. This recipe takes the humble butternut squash and transforms it into a bowl of pure comfort, making it an ideal choice for chilly autumn evenings.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and dried thyme to the pot. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully transfer the soup to a blender in batches.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot, add the heavy cream, and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the soup for an additional 5 minutes to heat through.
- Serve hot, garnished with a drizzle of cream and a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Velvety Butternut Squash Soup is the essence of fall in a bowl. Creamy, savory, and comforting, it’s the perfect way to warm up on a crisp autumn day.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 220, Fat 12g, Carbohydrates 28g, Protein 2g.
Embrace the fall season with a bowl of this velvety butternut squash soup. Whether you enjoy it as a starter or a comforting meal on its own, its rich flavors and creamy texture will surely make it a seasonal favorite. Share this recipe with friends and family, and savor the warmth of fall together.