Zingy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
If you’re looking for a delightful treat to brighten up your mornings, these Zingy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are the perfect choice. Bursting with the zesty goodness of lemons and the delightful crunch of poppyseeds, these muffins are sure to become your new favorite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter, eggs, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the poppyseeds.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
These Zingy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are a delightful combination of tart lemon and crunchy poppyseeds. Perfect for breakfast or as a snack, they’re sure to brighten your day.
Nutrition Information: (per serving) Calories: 180, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 4g
After baking up a batch of these Zingy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, you’ll be transported to a sunny morning even on the gloomiest of days. Their bright and tangy flavor is a perfect pick-me-up, and the poppyseeds add a delightful crunch. Whether you enjoy them with your morning coffee or as a quick snack, these muffins are a citrusy delight that will have you coming back for more.