Crazy for Caramel? Learn How to Make Your Own in Minutes!
If you’re a caramel lover, you’re in for a treat! Making your own caramel at home is not only easy but also incredibly satisfying. The rich, buttery aroma that fills your kitchen as the sugar transforms into a luscious amber syrup is a delight for the senses.
Homemade caramel can be used in various desserts, from drizzling it over ice cream to filling your favorite candies. It’s versatile and adds a touch of luxury to any sweet treat.
So, let’s dive into creating this Crazy for Caramel recipe that will have you hooked in minutes.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the granulated sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon as the sugar begins to melt. It will clump first and then turn into a smooth amber-colored liquid.
- Once the sugar is completely melted and amber in color, add the butter. Be cautious, as it may bubble up.
- Stir the butter into the caramel until fully melted.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream while stirring continuously. Be careful, as it will bubble again.
- Let the mixture simmer for a minute, then remove it from the heat.
- Stir in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Allow your homemade caramel to cool slightly before using it in your favorite recipes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: Approximately 1 cup of caramel sauce
Crazy for Caramel? Learn how to make your own in minutes with this easy homemade caramel sauce recipe.
Nutrition: Calories per tablespoon – 52 kcal, Total Fat – 3g, Total Carbohydrates – 7g, Sugars – 7g
Caramel makes everything better. Drizzle it over a slice of warm apple pie, use it as a dip for fresh apple slices, or pour it generously on your ice cream. You can even use it as a filling for chocolates or as a topping for your morning pancakes.
Making your own caramel at home allows you to customize the flavor by adding a pinch of sea salt for a delightful salted caramel twist or a hint of bourbon for an adult version. The possibilities are endless, and the satisfaction of creating this sweet, velvety sauce from scratch is unbeatable.
Once you try this Crazy for Caramel recipe, you’ll never go back to store-bought caramel sauce. So, grab your apron and indulge in the magic of homemade caramel—it’s minutes away from becoming your new favorite treat!