Brown rice might be tough to get proper. Make it in your Immediate Pot and also you’ll have recent, fluffy rice prepared in 20 minutes!
Filled with fiber, brown rice is a wholesome selection and ideal for layering along with your favourite saucy dishes! Caramel chicken, beef and broccoli, and Mongolian beef are a couple of of my favorites! They’re tremendous straightforward to make and so scrumptious!
20-Minute Immediate Pot Brown Rice Recipe
I keep in mind the primary time I went to make brown rice, pondering it will be prepared in quarter-hour like white rice. Boy was I unsuitable! Historically, brown rice takes 40-45 minutes to prepare dinner. So for those who’re wanting the well being advantages of brown rice in half the time, this Immediate Pot brown rice recipe is the reply! In 20 minutes, you’ll have steamy, fluffy brown rice able to accompany your favourite dinners!
No extra worrying about water to rice ratios or questioning how lengthy you’re presupposed to prepare dinner your brown rice. This recipe is foolproof! The brown rice seems completely every time I’ve made it. If you happen to’re wanting a fast and straightforward recipe for white rice, too, I’ve bought you lined. You could find it here! I really like my Instant Pot, it actually does all of it! It makes getting ready meals a breeze.
Rice and water are all you want right here! All measurements might be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of the submit. If you happen to’re eager to make white rice as an alternative, you will discover that recipe here.
- Brown Rice: I used lengthy grain! You need to use quick grain, too, it is going to simply offer you a barely totally different texture.
- Cooking Liquid: You need to use water or low sodium rooster broth for a little bit added taste.
Is Brown Rice Higher for You Than White Rice?
Brown rice hasn’t been processed, so it’s in its purest kind. It’s loaded with dietary fiber which aids in digestion, controlling blood sugar ranges, and even stopping coronary heart illness! It’s additionally naturally wealthy in antioxidants to assist forestall illness and irritation within the physique. Most white rice is fortified, which means it has nutritional vitamins and minerals added, so it’s a wholesome selection too. Brown rice is simply extra nutrient-rich.
How one can Make Brown Rice in an Immediate Pot
This recipe is nice as a result of it takes the guesswork out of creating brown rice. It’s so fast and straightforward, you received’t need it some other method!
- Put together Rice: Measure out 2 cups of rice and rinse it effectively by way of a effective mesh strainer to take away the starches. It will assist create the right texture!
- Add to Immediate Pot: Place the rinsed rice within the instantaneous pot.
- Add Liquid: Pour 2 cups rooster broth or water over the rice within the instantaneous pot.
- Cook dinner: Put the lid on, flip the valve to seal, and choose the handbook or excessive stress choice. Use the arrows to pick 22 minutes. If you happen to choose extra al dente rice, prepare dinner for 20 minutes.
- Launch Steam: When the rice is down cooking, let it naturally launch the stream.
- Serve: Take away the lid and serve with any of my recipes that use rice!
Your Immediate Pot brown rice might be saved and loved days after you make it! Attempt it out with this honey garlic shrimp!
- Within the Fridge: Your brown rice will final for as much as 4 days in an hermetic container.
- Reheating: If you wish to serve your rice heat, pop it within the microwave with a tablespoon of water added, then prepare dinner for 15-20 second intervals till heat.
Measure out 2 cups rice and rinse it effectively by way of a effective mesh strainer to take away the starches. It will assist create the right texture!
Place the rinsed rice within the instantaneous pot.
Pour 2 cups rooster broth or water over the rice within the instantaneous pot.
Put the lid on, flip the valve to seal, and choose the handbook or excessive stress choice. Use the arrows to pick 22 minutes. If you happen to choose extra al dente rice, prepare dinner for 20 minutes.
When the rice is down cooking, let it naturally launch the stream.
Take away the lid and serve with any of my recipes that use rice!
Energy342kcal (17%)Carbohydrates71g (24%)Protein7g (14%)Fats3g (5%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats1gSodium6mgPotassium206mg (6%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar1g (1%)Calcium21mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.