Get Your Kids to Eat Their Veggies with These Cheesy Broccoli Bites
Create a storytelling style description of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Get Your Kids to Eat Their Veggies with These Cheesy Broccoli Bites.
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets, steamed and finely chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the finely chopped broccoli, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into bite-sized balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli bites are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Cheesy Broccoli Bites are a delicious and fun way to get your kids to eat their veggies. They are packed with cheesy goodness and have a crispy texture that kids will love. Plus, they are super easy to make and perfect for a quick snack or a side dish. Serve them with a dipping sauce or as a tasty addition to your kid’s lunchbox.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
These Cheesy Broccoli Bites are not only delicious but also a nutritious way to sneak in some veggies into your child’s diet. Broccoli is packed with vitamins and fiber, and when combined with the cheesy goodness of cheddar and Parmesan, it becomes an irresistible treat for kids of all ages.
As a parent and a chef, I understand the challenges of getting kids to eat their vegetables. That’s why I love this recipe. It’s a win-win for both parents and kids. You get the satisfaction of knowing your little ones are getting their daily dose of veggies, and they get a tasty snack that they won’t be able to resist.
These Cheesy Broccoli Bites also make a great party appetizer or a side dish for family dinners. You can customize them by adding your favorite herbs or spices for extra flavor. Serve them with a side of marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or even ketchup for dipping.
So, the next time you’re struggling to get your kids to eat their veggies, give these Cheesy Broccoli Bites a try. They’re cheesy, crispy, and downright delicious. Your kids won’t be able to resist, and neither will you!