Homestyle Beef Stew | Slow-Cooked Comfort
Picture this: it’s a crisp autumn day, and the tantalizing aroma of Homestyle Beef Stew fills your cozy kitchen. This recipe is the embodiment of comfort, a symphony of flavors that have been slow-cooked to perfection. With tender chunks of beef that melt in your mouth and a medley of hearty vegetables, each spoonful warms both your body and soul. Whether you’re gathered around the table with loved ones or simply seeking solace in a bowl of goodness, this stew delivers.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the cubed beef and brown on all sides. Remove and place in the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and celery to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the beef broth, red wine, and diced tomatoes.
- Stir in the bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Ladle the Homestyle Beef Stew into bowls and savor each comforting bite.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
A heartwarming beef stew slow-cooked to perfection, featuring tender meat and hearty vegetables in a rich broth.
Nutrition information: Calories: 320 | Fat: 12g | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 28g
Picture yourself indulging in a bowl of this Homestyle Beef Stew, the flavors dancing on your palate, evoking memories of comfort and contentment. It’s a dish that not only nourishes your body but also soothes your spirit. As you take that last spoonful, you’re reminded that good things take time – and this slow-cooked masterpiece is a testament to the beauty of patience in cooking. So, gather your loved ones, pour a glass of wine, and savor the simple pleasure of a well-made stew that’s been crafted with care and love.